Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Losing it

I've noticed that with this pregnancy that my patience is really short. If Ollie is being naughty (he's a toddler... he's supposed to be naughty) I find myself loosing my cool so quickly and at the end of every day I feel so bad about it.
I love him so dang much. Good or naughty, sleeping well or not, happy or sad, I love my boy with all I have and I really need to remember that in those times when my patience is tested.
He is my everything.
He makes me smile and laugh every single day.
He fills me with SO much love when he gives me hugs and kisses.
And our days of "just us" are coming to an end this year, so I am vowing now to do better and not waste any of my precious time with him being mad at him because he keeps hiding the TV remote. :)

My most handsome little dude at 19 months.





One of my favorite things about being a photographer is that I get to capture so much of Ollie's life. All his little ages and stages and the things that make him happy, like the pictures in the white shirt where his face is covered in chocolate, he is in dirty pajamas, running outside in the wind with his truck in hand. He was having so much fun just running around like a little maniac and I never wanna forget those moments.

PS These pictures are much cuter if you click on them to enlarge them :)

3 comments:

Ariel said...

Oh Ollie is such a handsome little dude! I miss you guys! I am having the same problems with my patience with Addy this pregnancy. I hate that I get so mad at her sometimes. I have already told Shane that I really need to work on my patience! The word for the month of July is patience! We can help each other! That is part of being pregnant together right??

Avree said...

Cute cute pictures! I love his big smiles! It is hard to be patient when you feel so emotional and tired. It seems like as moms we're always feeling guilty about something. I pretty much let Spencer watch movies all day for about 2 months while I was sick. but I doubt he's scarred for life :)

Rachel Poulsen said...

Wow I totally know how you feel. The biggest challenge of this pregnancy has been keeping my cool with my little guy. My patience has shrunk to the size of a pinpoint. But you're so right, I'm going to miss our "us" days and I need to constantly remind myself to take advantage of these last few weeks....