Monday, June 13, 2011

The verdict

So....

Jon and I decided to be spontaneous today and sneak in for an early ultrasound to confirm that baby Layne was indeed a boy
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
but surprise...


Holy shocker.

I knew this was a boy from the very beginning. I KNEW. There was not even a tiny piece of me that thought we had a girl coming.

When the ultrasound lady said it was a girl I just started crying and laughing. I was in such complete shock. I kept asking if she was SURE. And she just laughed and said this little girl is showing it all, no reservations. It's a girl.
She checked like 7 more times... and each time, our little princess was happy to show us that she was NOT a boy. It was like she did it on purpose and wanted to make sure that Mommy stopped calling her a boy and wanted to rub it in my face a bit.
What a stinker.

We could not possibly be happier. I would have been completely thrilled with a boy or girl, didn't matter one tiny bit, but I just knew it was a boy. Apparently my "mothers intuition" is a little thrown off... we'll blame it on the pregnancy. :)

We are so so excited.
Can't wait to meet you baby girl!

P.S. funny little story. Last night, Ollie was being especially adorable, and I told Jon I was a little nervous because I KNEW that there was no way this baby could be as cute and adorable and charming as Ollie and I felt bad... but now that it's a girl, you really can't compare a boy vs a girl so we are good :)

10 comments:

Amy said...

LOL I am DYING laughing over here!!! Congratulations a million times over, she'll be the prettiest princess there ever was, and I can already tell Jon is an adorable daddy of a girl.

Amber said...

Oh how fun!!! Congrats TL!!!

Kasey said...

YEAH!!!!!! How fun..fun..fun!!!!! You are going to have SO much fun with her and just LOVE it!!! Congratulations to you three!!! :D

Birdkitty said...

That is so awesome! And you are right, you can't compare, they both have their challenges and wonderful qualities. A Girl! WOW! You will love it so much! Tell me again when you are due, I have access to way cute girlie stuff :)!!!!

linda said...

Wow! I'm shocked...I thought for sure it was a boy as well! I'm sure she'll be adorable-congratulations!!!

Camille said...

I am SO SO happy and excited for you! She will be adorable and you are going to have so much fun with her! Congrats!

Brock and Kensey said...

YAY!!! Yes you just KNEW that this baby was a boy! How fun I cant wait to meet that beautiful little thing in December :) Congrats

KaraCampbell said...

Hooray! Thats so exciting! Nothing beats having one of each, it's so fun and funny how different they are. Can't wait to see this little GIRL!

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

HAHA! I love your story because that's exactly how it was for us, too. We KNEW we were having a boy right from the start, everything felt that way and I even had dreams about a little boy and all. I was just as shocked when a little girl showed up on the screen. Funny how that works! I am so excited for you guys!!

Avree said...

Yay!!!!!! We've been out of town and I just saw this post! Just for the record, I voted that it was a girl :) How exciting to have a little Tracy running around! I can't wait to see what you do with a girl nursery! Congrats! So so so exciting!