Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Haircut trauma

The time finally came...

the time when too many people were confusing Ollie for a girl because of his long, curly, beautiful locks, and it was time for his first haircut.

This was so bittersweet. I LOVE Ollie's hair. His little curly ringlets always made me smile. But it was SO long that it was just a total mess most of the time and it was looking quite girly.

It was a traumatic experience for my little man, and looking at these pictures, I feel like such an awful Momma for taking pictures instead of trying to console him... but the pictures are so priceless.

Here we are before, long, wild, out of control hair (but still oh so adorable)


Here's what we rigged up to try and saddle the boy, and the first few cuts, which clearly Ollie was NOT a fan of.


But nothing a binkie won't fix


And after, still curly and a little wild, but more tame and definitely more manly :)


Ollie was NOT a fan of Bevin after all of this...


Thank you Auntie Bevo! I'm sure Ollie has forgotten all about your tortures and loves you all the same. :)

My baby looks so grown up with his big boy haircut and I find myself looking and his hair and longing for those long curls in the back... but still, he looks so handsome.



7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE his hair. Even still :) Im so glad the curl stayed. He is one handsome boy!

linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
linda said...

How traumatic! I love Ollie's new haircut-and he still has curls! When Darren was little I waited a long time to cut his hair because he had curls in the back that were so cute. Little did I know when we cut them off they would go away forever...well, until he got home from his mission and let his hair grow a little long and the curls came back!

Amber said...

Poor Guy! Conner has had many hair cuts and still hates them! Ollie look very handsome though!

Barb Johnson said...

Oh those are adorable pics! He'll laugh at them someday. Good work capturing those momma..

Amy said...

I'm so glad it's still so curly! I LOVE the curls. Poor kid. :D

Kasey said...

I love this haircut! So cute!!!!