Friday, January 15, 2010

The Nursery

So I FINALLY finished little Oliver's nursery! Yay! It was so much fun creating a special room for my little guy. I have been dreaming about building this room for a long time and it is so wonderful to walk in to what has been the ugly, junk room for the past 3 years, and now see what it was intended to be.

Here is where we spend our nights. I love that chair so much... especially at 3am. And the little fluffy circle things were actually a decoration that my best sister friend Bevin made for my baby shower in St. George. I loved them so much I had to put them in the nursery. I think they are perfect in this room. Thanks Bevo!

And Oliver's crib. My talented, wonderful Mummy made the bumper pads that I love love love, and after many arguments with Jon, I made the little picture frame colage (Jon didn't like it, but I loved it, so being the sweet hubby he is, he let me do it). Most of the frames were from the DI and I just painted them and the pictures inside are fabric scraps, ribbon and scrapbook paper I had laying around. And of course, Mr. Hoots up in the left corner, also made by my mummy... I know, she's amazing.

And this is the closest I could get to a whole room view. It's kind of an awkward space... Jon put the shelves in the corner and I also love how they turned out. Most of the things we used to decorate we got at the DI and dollar bins at Target and Michaels. I love making junk into something cute!

There is also a cute dresser that Jon got off the side of the road for free one day that he stripped down and painted orange and brown that turned out really cute, but I couldn't fit it in the pictures... and it's not finished yet anyway :) but I still love it.

Like I said, it was a dream to finally build this. It's my favorite room in the house, especially with the little man that lives in it. I love him the very most.

23 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

Oh my heck cute! Max is jealous!

Avree said...

Holy cow Tracy! You did such a good job! Will you please come decorate my next baby's room for me? When I was doing Spencer's room (which isn't nearly as cute as Oliver's) a few people asked why I was bothering because the baby doesn't know the difference. But I think a mom spends probably the majority of her time in the baby's room so it's totally worth it. Anyway...it looks awesome!

jamirodana said...

Love it! Perfect room for cute pics too:) Good job!

Michelle said...

Probably my favorite nursery ever! So stinkin' cute. Where did you get the brown run that goes in front of Oliver's crib? I want to find a green one for Macey's room. Thanks!

Losee said...

I love it Tray! Its so so cute! Well done.

Mandie said...

Love it! So cute!

Amy said...

Mmm I LOVE it! This looks like it's straight out of a magazine. It's a beautiful thing. :D

Kate said...

Yay! Thanks for posting pictures of the nursery Tracy! You did such a great job, it's really cute. Lucky little Oliver!

Unknown said...

It looks just like it belongs in a magazine. You did such a good job Tracy. Unfortunately Kent's nursery is also a guest bedroom with a hand me down pink rocker at my parents. Maybe the second kid will be luckier.

Tiffany said...

Tracy I love it. You're so talented. It is perfect.

Stephenson and Katie said...

seriously tracy it looks like something out of a magazine!!! So gorgeous!!

Stephenson and Katie said...

Um I just realized I'm like the 4th person to say it looks like it should be in a magazine ;) Maybe you should send it in to one!!

Gretchen said...

I will gladly be the 5th person to make the magazine comment. Uh every time I see his nursery I want to tear apart Lucy's and redo it! His is to DIE for, you are so talented and creative. Love it. PS Oliver is the cutest...

k8e said...

Thanks for posting these! Agh! SO CUTE! I aboslutely LOVE the colors. I'm almost done with baby Max's nursery and wasn't going to paint but after seeing these pictures I want to! What color did you use? I LOVE IT! YOu are so talented!

Linzy said...

so beautiful

Ariel said...

I love it! It is my favorite baby room ever. It makes me wish I would have done more to Addy's room. Very well done my dear friend.

Mollie and Jason said...

Very cute!

Malerie said...

i love it.
will you come do Oakley's when we get a house?!
it is perfect, and i'm happy that you won Jon on the collage, it's the perfect finishing touch!! :)

Robyn said...

I'm pretty sure this IS from a magazine ;) It's so cute, I love it!

Rachel Poulsen said...

Jon is crazy that frame collage is adorable, everything is adorable. i love the colors you picked. I need to come see it in person! Would you like a visit?

SaRah G. said...

so will you come to ohio and make me a cute room when I need one?! PLEASE!!!!

RY & MAND WRIGHT said...

This is the cutest nursery ever it looks like its right out of a magazine Great job!!!

dave + kirst said...

ok so i thought it looked like a magazine too and i'm glad i'm the bazillionth person to tell you that because it's adorable ;D can you come decorate my house next please? some day we'll have one of those rooms as well too and i'll borrow your expertise!