Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day

What a day.
What a beautiful, wonderful, surreal day.

I had tears in my eyes most of the day.
I had a hard time looking and Oliver without crying.
I found myself just staring and Jon when he was holding or playing with Oliver. In disbelief that it was real.
I remembered Mothers Days past... that were so painful. Gut-wrenching at times.
I remembered being so insanely jealous of the pregnant women around me.
And the women who had 4 kids crawling all over them in church.
I thought about friends that are going through the same struggles I did.
And it made me sad.
I thought about friends that went through the same struggles I did, and succeeded.
And it made me smile.
I thought about my own Mom. And how much of her I have in me.
I wondered if I could ever do as good of a job as she did.
I thought about a lot on Mothers Day.

Mostly I just thought about how I am the luckiest Mommy on earth.
And it was a very... very happy day.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope Oliver and Jon realize how lucky THEY are :)