Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Funk

2 posts in 1 evening... weird

I am in a funk. Do you ever feel like you are in a funk?
At first I wasn't sure exactly why. I have the most blessed and wonderful life I can imagine. Nothing I could possibly complain about. But I think I have come up with some reasons for said funkiness.

I am spending too much time blogging and Facebooking
I am not being the best mommy possible to my sweet baby boy
I am not being the best wife to the husband I love so much
I am not taking the very best care of myself
I am not spending any time in the service of others
I am not trying to better myself
I am watching too much TV and not enjoying the simple joys in life
I am not my normal, happy self

Why???

I'm not saying I'm a horrible person. I think I am a pretty descent human being. Not the point here. Maybe I just needed to write it down and put it into space to push me to start working on these things. Yes. I think that's what I needed.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Trac, you are not the only one who gets into those funks or has those feelings. I have been trying really hard lately to put my computer down more often and pick up a toy and play with my little boy. I think as long as we make an honest effort to be a better spouse, mother, and friend and better ourselves everyday, that is what matters.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the reminder...I should get off the computer and go do some laundry!

Avree said...

Don't worry woob, you're not the first mom to feel this way. Oliver is kind of at a difficult age (even though he's totally adorable), you can only wave a toy in front of his face for so long before you feel the need to do something a little more entertaining. When they're older it's a little easier to play with them. I'm with you on facebook/blogging (even though I'm doing it right now), it's fun to keep up with friends but sometimes I think it makes me feel like everyone's life is perfect and that they feel like being a mom is bliss and then I feel guilty for not always feeling that way. Sorry for the novel, but keep your chin up, you're an awesome mom!

jamirodana said...

You should bring Oliver out on a blanket and hang out at our little park we have so close! It's fun to chat and enjoy the sunshine. We have the sun today:)

Nate, Monique and Haven said...

I LOVE this post! I think that it's so important to do an honest re-evaluation of yourself often. It helps you stay balanced and true. It reminds me of Alma 5. I call that my "self check chapter". Just like that darling Michelle said, thank you for the reminder. It's nice to have friends who strive to be better :) Like you said, not that you are bad or doing anything wrong, but to just re-evaluate and step up. You are wonderful!

Amy said...

Amen! (not about you....me....) wanna go on a walk?

KaraCampbell said...

My computer melting down is the best thing that ever happened to me. I only hop online when I'm at my moms, which is why I hardly ever leave comments, but this post deserves one! You said it perfectly. We all need to take a step back sometimes and look at the big picture!