Thursday, October 27, 2011

A happy time

So, Jon and I decided to have some little family/maternity pictures taken a few weeks ago. At the time, I would have rather had a fork stuck in my eye than have photos taken of myself, but Jon kept telling me I would regret it if I didn't have any pictures of this really amazing time in our lives and eventually, I agreed.

My vain, girly mind could point out all kinds of flaws and unflattering features, but my better side is prevailing and saying these are beautiful. They really are. This has been an incredible blessing in our family to have this opportunity to be pregnant and with a sweet baby girl. I really can't think of what else I could ask for in life besides for her to be healthy. It seems like an impossible thing to have TWO perfect, healthy kids, a boy and a girl, but it seems to happen a lot so hopefully that is a blessing we will know :)

Anyway, I love how these turned out. Jen Herem did a fabulous job in less than ideal conditions. Being a photographer myself, I knew I was asking a difficult thing to shoot inside in such a small space with less than ideal lighting, but she made it happen! I really wanted these done at home to make them feel very comfortable and natural, and I think that's just what we got. I am happy we did it.










I love it. I love this incredible little space of time in my life. I love my absolutely wonderful husband, my perfect, adorable little toddler, my big, round belly, the sweet but wildly active baby girl inside, and the family we are together. Life is good.

8 comments:

Avree said...

These pictures are just so sweet! You have such a beautiful little family! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Stevie said...

Those pictures are so beautiful and really display the love of a family !!! I am so happy for you guys !! I cant wait to see Ollie's little sister. She is going to be as adorable as Ollie. He is going to be a great big brother !

Amy said...

There are no words for how much I love these.

1. If my bedroom was that beautiful I'd never leave. Ever. And I'd make people come and photograph me there always.

2. That b&w of all of you on the bed where Jon is playing with Ollie seriously made me cry. Outloud. Because it is so so perfect.

3. You are so beautiful and I love love LOVE that they were not just you but your whole beautiful family. I love them all.

KaraCampbell said...

I love your hair! It looks so cute.

My favorites are the last 2. They are so sweet and perfect!

Losee said...

So pretty! I love your pictures and I am glad you listen to Jon. :)

Linzy said...

Awe, those make me happy! Almost teared up! So exciting. What a beautiful lil family. Love your hair too!

Kasey said...

Aww Trace! Those are beautiful! I love how happy you and Jon are as a couple and I now that just radiates to your son and even your daughter. They will be two very happy, healthy kids in mind, spirit, and body because of you two as their parents! Sure love the pics! Love you!

Amber said...

I'm glad that you had the pictures done, they are amazing! I love the one of you guys reading on the bed, the one with your hand on your belly and the one of Ollie kissing your belly! You have such an amazing family and I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet Baby Girl!