Friday, April 29, 2011

Like Family


These people... they are family.
I have been so fortunate to make so many wonderful friends and neighbors here the past 5-6 years, but this particular bunch, have a very special place with me.

We all met the first year we moved here. None of us had kids, we were all newlyweds, and I am pretty sure, this was all our first time being homeowners. We were all starting such a new and exciting phase in our lives and for me, it was a bit of an overwhelming time of adjustment in moving away from my home and family in St George. I was pretty homesick... and these people changed that.

It started with dinners and game nights that kept us all up laughing our heads off until the wee hours of the night or morning. Now, we all have kids and bedtimes, but we manage to have just as much fun, just in different ways. :)

I have really grown to rely on and love them all. They have completely been there for me when I needed family. And now, as so many are moving away and starting new chapters in their lives I can't help but feel sad. They are not moving far away, but far enough that things will never be quite the same and I'm really going to miss that. I'm really going to miss them.

Thank you all for being the greatest friends I could ever hope for. See you soon?? Right??

3 comments:

Malerie said...

that is such a cute picture!
how fun for all of you to have gone through so much together! you will cherish that picture forever!! :)

Michelle said...

The feeling is mutual my dear! And we had better be seeing you soon :)

Gretchen said...

Yes. See you soon is right. I sure love you Tracy. I want Platinum Lane so badly.