Sunday, March 7, 2010

What matters

Today, I feel selfish and embarrassed for my last post. I'm not gonna delete it because I want it to be a reminder of how I feel today. I was just playing around in posting it, but the truth is that I wanted those things yesterday. Today, not so much.

Today I read THIS it's a long story, but well worth the time to read.

Most of you probably know that the do-gooder in this article is my brother. And reading it brought me to tears. I'm not sure if I felt guilty for my own selfishness, touched by his example, or proud... probably a combination of all 3. But I feel so differently now.

I certainly feel a need to change and I think I will.


6 comments:

Barb Johnson said...

amen. Very touching article, once again...

Jen said...

Tracy, you are so sweet. I think I know what you mean. There are some days when I want everything, new clothes, new shoes, new decorations, new everything!! Then, I see something on tv or read an article like this and it sure does change perspective on things and makes me realize sometimes I do feel selfish and I am lucky to have food on the table, a roof over my head and the greatest friends and family.

jamirodana said...

You are a good person Tracy:)
I think we all feel this way a lot!!
I know I do(in wanting material things and forgetting what I have already), thanks for the reminder.

linda said...

T, I want tulips and a new Easter dress too! Nothing wrong with that! I also read the story about Jer in the Deseret News-so grateful for his example!

Ashlie Dalton said...

we are very blessed. it's good to be reminded that- i tend to need that reminder often.
but it's ok to want things sometimes or to daydream about having certain things :)
what's important is that we share our time, talents, money (whatever it be that we have to give), to help others. you are a good person trac. thanks for reminding me what is important too.
good day!

Linzy said...

Great story!