Sunday, September 28, 2008

BIG, FAT, BLOG

Readers Beware: This post is long overdue and painfully long with things that probably wont interest many of you... so read only if you have NOTHING better to do.


Now that thats out of the way, here we go! First off, my birthday! I think this was my second best birthday ever! (Beaten out only by going to the US open in New York) First off a couple months ago my wonderful hubby gave me the camera that enables me to document all of these lovely occurances. I think I have formed a bit of an addiction with the picture taking but lets just call it an over-zealous hobby instead.
To start out, my awesome co-workers threw quite the bash including balloons, lots of really annoying, tiny static clinging confetti, and this evil, evil cake from Cold Stone...
Followed later in the week by this scrumptious little pumpkin cake made with love by my friend Gretchen. (PS, we made it all the way home with it and it fell over on the garage floor only steps from safety... I almost cried)
I arrived home on my birthday to a clean house and some of these... from my wonderful hubby
We also went up to Park City for the night. There was an orthopedic conference up there and so we went to that and got an amazing room for way cheap, along with a really nice, fancy, free dinner!
This "room" was the size of our condo... It was so so nice and absolutely beautiful. Even more so when I wasn't looking and my husband pulled some magic out of his backpack. Rose pedals everywhere, a bottle of Martinellis (my favorite)...
And my favorite treat! He really thought of everything! It was the sweetest thing...
So that was my big birthday wonderfulness! Thank you Jon for making it such an amazing weekend (It turned out to be one of those 3 day birthdays). I love you so much and it meant the world to me that you took so much time to make it such a wonderful, memorable birthday. My face hurts from smiling so much... Thanks love!


Next up... we came home from Park City to get to Grandpa Boswell's big 80th birthday party! He is such an incredibly sweet, loving man. We love him to pieces and are very glad we could be there for his big day.
We also got to see the rest of the fam who came up for the party. Mom and Dad Layne
(I love this picture because it is exactly what you get when they are around) always keeping us smiling! We're glad we got to spend some time with you this weekend, hope we see ya again soon!
And of course little Isaiah who is the center of the Layne family universe (which is as it should be, he is the only grandchild so far) He's such a ham, we love him!
Peek-a-boo!!!
Dont let him fool ya though... he has a serious and studious side as well.
And last but not least, a couple pics from out trip to SanFran... we went to see my Dad who was having surgery... we mostly stayed at the hospital to be with him but he is doing MUCH better now. Love you D! Get better and come home soon!

Like I said, we didnt do a lot of sightseeing stuff but we did go to the golden gate bridge and for a walk in the park. It was beautiful weather and beautiful scenery so here are a few pictures I did for my photography class... (PS to my fellow photography friends, I need to learn how to edit these... help!!!)




Wow, if you are reading this you made it through this whole stinking post... gold star for you! Have a great day!

12 comments:

Barb Johnson said...

good job, T! We always love new posts. The birthday bash sounds more than fantastic! Glad you had a great day. (good job, Jonathan!)

Avree said...

Happy Birthday Woob! Sounds like you had a good one! You're getting so good at taking pictures!

Jeff and Jo said...

Wow Tracy... great photo's! You make me want to see all the photo's on your camera... great stuff. I'm glad you had a happy birthday (way to go Jon - you set the standard awfully high, you know) Love you both!!!

Amber said...

I love your photos! And I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing well. I like to use a program (picnik.com) to edit my photos, you have to download it but it's free!

Kindra said...

Love the photos! I used to be a photography nut back in the day... Happy b-day and I am glad your dad is doing better!

Chris and Tara said...

Happy birhtday, again. So sorry about your cake. :(

Bevin&Jeremy said...

hey there! Yes i am finally figuring out this blog thing. I still have a lot of things to figure out but anyways love ya and miss ya!!

Michelle said...

Tracy, Happy BDay and sorry that the cute pumpkin cake didn't make it all the way home. I think it's so cool that you are taking a photography class. I told Zacc the other day that I would love to take one. You are really talented and I love your pics :)

Johnson Fam said...

How Fun! Happy Birthday, what great pics I am going to save my pennies for a camera like yours.

Gina said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog...that video is a crack-up huh?! Hey, I know you just got a new camera...I LOVE your pictures you take with it. Do you mind me asking what kind it is and how much it cost?

Johnson Fam said...

So here is a proposal..will you take some 1 year old birthday pictures of Lucy?

WaterTown said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/dua-langkah-mudah-pindah-faskes-bpjs-kesehatan