Sunday, July 27, 2008

Deep in the heart...

OF TEXAS! So I just got back from my trip to Texas to visit my brother Zak and his wife Kate and my brand spankin new baby niece Kennedy Rose! I had SO much fun on this short little adventure, big thanks to my Mom for letting me tag along and big thanks to Zak and Kate for letting us invade their lives and hog their beautiful new baby girl.

Daddy and daughter... this guy is so in love...
I loved this picture, she looks like she is putting up her little dukes, ready to fight!
I could have sat here for hours...
Happy parents
We did manage to pull ourselves off the baby to go see the Riverwalk in San Antonio, pretty cool little place...
And back to baby :) Pretty young lookin grandma dont ya think?

And the dress... Jon and I bought this dress for her in Mexico before she was born and I couldnt wait to see it on her! She is the most perfect, beautiful little girl, I love her to pieces already and cant wait to see her in a couple weeks! Thanks again Zak and Kate!!! Love you guys!
AND.... When I left for this trip my livingroom wall looked like this.... boooooorring!

When I got home it looked like this!! YAY! My hubby finished and put up our little project that we have been working on for the past couple weeks! I love how it turned out! We copied it from a piece that my aunt and uncle bought. Its pretty simple, just some wood blocks that Jon made, painted brown and the we used a little tool to chisel out the wood to make the design... I love how it turned out! The only problem is that it is centered on the chairs and not the wall, but it would look funny if it was centered on the wall and not the chairs... does it look funny?
I like it! Thanks Jon!!!

14 comments:

Barb Johnson said...

it was SO fun going to Texas with you, Trace... I LOVE the wall art! Looks like expensive stuff! It's not near as cute as that niece of yours though...

Brock and Kensey said...

Oh lots of fun pictures!! I'm glad you had fun in Texas, your new little niece is adorable!! Pretty crafty couple you and Jon. I'm impressed!! Good work!

Chris and Tara said...

Kennedy is adorable. She does look like a boxer in that picture with you.
I agree that your wall decoration needs to be centered on the chairs. Way to go, Jon!
And Chris and I love San Antonio. That was the first real vacation we went on together. Sweet memories.

Anonymous said...

I think your new wall decor looks awesome. Just wish I could see a close-up of the chiseling. Welcome back from Texas. Can't wait to see you guys on Wednesday!!

ariel said...

i love the new wall decor. i am so not creative like that! it looks great!

ferardandy said...

i love kennedy's dress. so cute. and your house is looking perfect as usual.

Amber said...

What a beautiful niece! I love the wall art!!! And no it doesn't look funny. I finally got a glimpse at your house in this picture-thanks!

Kindra said...

Oh my, what a precious little angel!!! There is nothing sweeter than a newborn. The wall art is awesome! I love it, it looks perfect centered on the chairs.

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

looks like you have a really cute little niece. I'm glad you got to go out and see her.

And I love your wall art, so creative. It looks awesome.

Jen said...

Tracey! Your niece is so cute and you looked great holding her, it's your turn now. ;). I also love your wall art, it looks really expensive, you guys did good.

ariel said...

Thanks for stopping by the other day, Tracy. I was asleep upstairs {a very rare occasion... I never take naps!} and missed your call and apparently missed you stopping by my house! I haven't tried the jam yet, but i'm looking forward to it! Way to do your visiting teaching :)

Johnson Fam said...

Fun times! Darling little babe. Holy Cow that really was a grandma. I hope I look that young in 5 years. So I want to come over and see how you did that art thing. You guys are pretty crafty and Jon is a handy man especially when it comes to woodworking things. Lets go walking seriously.

Kate said...

Tracy, thanks so much for coming to visit us- it was so much fun having you here! You are so kind and thoughtful. We can't wait to see you soon! Btw, we love the wall art, it looks great!

Michelle said...

I LOVE the wall art! You guys have such an amazing townhouse...I absolutely love everything you guys have done :)